Monday, March 20, 2006

Back on the road soon

I'm still in Bangkok for a few more hours. I've got a ticket on an Air India flight to New Delhi tonight (technically early tomorrow morning). I tried to get some business taken care of at the US Embassy (I needed a letter from my embassy to process a visa), but failed (they'd never heard of such a thing, and wouldn't do it!); it reminded me of trying to get stuff taken care of back on base in Keesler, so I wasn't too disppointed. I guess I could have pressed the issue, but I could tell that the automaton behind the window would not have budged. It's so different from the "mai ben rai" (Thai for "no problem!") attitude here. Anyways, I'm going to pick up where I left off three months ago in Delhi. It's hot and humid here in Bangkok, but at least the air is relatively clean (no black boogers), soot-free, and there's no cow dung on the road. I made a trip to McDonald's last night to savor "beef" once more time.

No comments: