Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Back in New Delhi

I've arrived in India! When I left three months ago, it was surprisingly cold, but now it is perfect spring weather. There is less soot and smoke in the air because of the warmer weather; I think there had been a lot of fires lit to keep people warm.
It is nice to be back! I've got a nice room for less than the cost of a youth hostel in Europe at Hotel Silver Shine in the Pahar Ganj area. It's where I stayed at last December. It's relatively expensive (less than $20), but the alternatives are either much more expensive or mosquito havens; I've got a good medium. I've got cable tv, refrigerator, hot water shower, and, more importantly, no mosquitos.
I went to care of some business at the Embassy cantonment area all morning and actually got it all done! I crashed out in the afternoon for a six hour siesta (I only got an hour sleep on the short 3:50 flight from Bangkok) and woke up in the dark. I visited a local eatery cooking up a thali plate, rotis and naan bread for dinner. Dinner cost me only 20 rs, which is less than 50 cents.
No diarrhea yet in me or the cows, so all is well. I'm going to do some sightseeing tomorrow!

No comments: