Thursday, December 22, 2005

Jama Masjid


Jama Masjid
Originally uploaded by bastchild.

A Grand Mosque at Fatehpur Sikri supposedly modelled after the mosque at Mecca. There are lots of touts hounding me around and inside the mosque, which really pissed me off. After trying several tactics, I finally found that completely ignoring them was the most efficient at getting rid of them. The touts really ruin the country of India. They overwhelm you and it is exhausting being confronted every two minutes and being engaged in a conversation that goes like this:
"Hello, yes! You want guide?"
"No, I don't want a guide."
"But, I am not a guide, sir. I am a student/volunteer. I am not selling anything."
"Leave me alone."
"Please, I do not want to sell you anything."
"Piss off...Leave me alone..."
"Where are you going?..."
etc and eventually he falls away only to be replaced by another tout who clearly just saw you get rid of one dude.

No comments: