Saturday, October 22, 2005

Eating family style


Eating family style
Originally uploaded by bastchild.

I stayed at Naxi Family Guesthouse for the first night, about two hours from Qiaotao. I met up with a couple other groups of hikers, three Swedes (the Swedish Boy Band) and a couple from Melbourne. We bonded immediately over sunflower seeds, tea, and beer, and stayed together for the next two nights. A few hours later, two tour groups showed up and the proprietor asked if we could eat together. We got 7 dishes and shared them family style for 15 RMB a person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, looks like you've had an incredible journey thus far...how much longer...open ended? I'm jealous. Seems like a life journey that few would have the courage to follow. Sorry I've been so shitty about keeping in touch while you've been away. Hope to be better about it. Where's next?
Dave
ps. I made partner this October. Ian is still 95th percentile for size...wonder where that came from. And when I ask him where are you eric liu he puts out his hands with palms up and says "i dun no"