Saturday, February 26, 2005

Leaving Kuta Beach

The sunsets here ARE amazing. The water is so warm. The weather is fine. Kuta shows no signs of terrorist activity, dengue fever, or tsunami-flooding. I thought I would be here two days, but I will be here four. Tomorrow, I think I will head to Sanur and then to Nusa Lembongan, if I make it there early enough to catch the ferry. I am going there on the advice of Gerdes who was here a couple years ago.
There are loads of pirated DVDs/CDs/computer games and programs. Good GOD, there are a lot of pirated things here. They're sold for about $1.10 each, and if you buy ten, you get four free. People are leaving stores with bags of DVDs. It's quite an empire. I don't think the MPAA or RIAA can do anything about this.
I don't know how to start with describing this place, but I'll try to figure out a way and post something intelligible and with fewer typos.

No comments: