Monday, November 08, 2004

Chiang Kai-Shek memorial entrance

Chiang Kai-Shek memorial entrance
Chiang Kai-Shek memorial entrance,
originally uploaded by bastchild.
This is me at the entrance door. The actual memorial is like an Asian Lincoln memorial. There is no particular reason I do not have a picture of it. The weather is really nice here, around 75 F; lots of Taiwanese were wearing long sleeves and coats because it is winter time. There were not many tourists here because it is a weekday, and the ones you did see carried open umbrellas to protect themselves from the damaging effects of UV light. This, apparently, is the secret of the anti-aging Asian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude - good stuff - keep on truckin'. How 'bout that earthquake.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!

It's funny you should mention the secret of the anti-aging Asian.
When I stopped by Hoover Dam my last trip to Vegas, I noticed my 'relatives' using umbrellas to protect themselves.


-E